Friday, February 17, 2012

Day off post

Update on Ollie "Trouble" Mays: yesterday he ate a pacifier. Well, not ate. He did separate the hard plastic part from the part Eli sucks. I got to him before he managed to ingest either piece. Agh. Add it to the list of things Ollie has ruined/ate. (List includes several socks, 3 finger puppets, a comforter, his dog bed and now, a pacifier. Eli's Sophie the giraffe teether has almost been a goner twice, but, luckily, I rescued her from her impending doom.

This has been a crazy, up and down sort of week, as well as a week of firsts. There's no real "theme" or one story to this entry, it's more just a recap and update on what's been going on.

1. Eli has regressed in terms of sleep. He's always been very difficult to get to go to sleep, but would usually sleep pretty well (~6-7hr stretch) once he finally went to sleep at night. He was also taking some good naps during the day. For some reason, starting last Friday, he has been struggling with naps during the day and has gone back to wanting to eat every 2-3 hrs at night. His mother is NOT loving this.

2. We've been trying out cloth diapers since last Saturday and are LOVING them so far. We are pretty sure we are going to make the switch over and do cloth full time! Right now we are working on building our stash and are trying out several kinds. It's been nice to use the disposables we were given, but I'm looking forward to saving some money with the cloth ones. A HUGE thanks to my mom who has gotten us quite a few. Such a blessing!

3. Last night was our first night out, just the two of us. My parents watched Eli and we took advantage of a $50 gift card to Bonefish Grill! So yummy! It felt super weird to leave Eli at first, since I had only left him twice to go to Food Lion (like 2 miles from my house). It was like I had left something at home and I kept looking in the back of the car, which felt so empty without the carseat. Anyhow, once I got over the feeling of leaving something important at home, I really enjoyed the time with JP. It was nice to be able to drive without listening to a crying baby or static on the radio, and it was also great to be able to enjoy a DELICIOUS meal without rocking a carseat, replacing a paci, or worrying about a kiddo needing a diaper change or feeding. We enjoyed dinner, walked around Target, and then got some Sweet Frog. It was a good time. (Though, I was super ready to grab my little baby up and give him tons of kisses when I got home!).

4. Today is a "all to myself" day. For Christmas, JP gave me a pedicure gift card and a homemade coupon for a "day to yourself" to do whatever I want. (Yes, I do have the BEST. HUBS. EVER). I had to use it before returning to work (per coupon guidelines. Also, it has a value of 1/100 of a cent. Yes, JP made it look like a real coupon, lol). Anyhow, so JP took today off so that I could use my coupon. After the aforementioned sleep issues and two VERY fussy days, it's much needed. On the agenda for today: lunch out (with JP, Eli and our adopted Hoos from church - exciting!), pedicure with my momma, shopping (with JP and Eli), time at home to order a few things I need (including cloth diapers/supplies and photos for Eli's baby book/calendar), work on his Shutterfly photo book, do my Jillian Michael's workout for the first time post-baby (kill me now!) and last but not least, SLEEP. For the first time ever we're going to do a bottle in the night time so that I don't have to get up. I'm super excited. I realized though, that as much as I look forward to a little time to do some things on my own, uninterrupted, I really wouldn't rather do much than be with my two very favorite boys in the world. I got up this morning and still wanted to play with my little man for a good long while before starting my "me" time. He is (they are) the best!


1 comment:

yllekelly said...

Have you stopped swaddling Eli? Annalise was about 3 months old when her sleep was disrupted (she was never a great sleeper, anyway). I started with one arm out, then two. It was super nerve-racking, but there's a point where she wanted to stretch out instead of be swaddled. Just thought I'd mention it - maybe it's still too early!